Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Hot Corner, 6/14 edition

D'Backs manager A.J. Hinch says Dan Haren, who has a 2.20 ERA, deserves to be an All-Star despite his 5-4 record.

Michael Cuddyer will have his finger drained and could be back in the Twins' line-up on Tuesday.

Dodgers pitcher Chad Billingsley got his N.L.-leading ninth victory over the Rangers today.

Mets ace Johan Santana never looked as bad as he did today against the Yankees.

The Rangers put closer Frank Francisco on the 15-day DL, retroactive to June 4th.

Jered Weaver pitched a five-hit shutout and is now 5-0 at Angel Stadium this season with an ERA of 1.01.

Chipper Jones is now 0-for-21 in his last five games.

Unfazed by trade rumors, Jeff Francoeur says, “If it’s going to happen, it’s going to happen.”

The Royals placed Coco Crisp on the 15-day DL, retroactive to Saturday.

Reds manager Dusty Baker says of Brandon Phillips ignoring a take sign, “It’s like the military: You follow orders.”

Dontrelle Willis walked eight and allowed six runs today. Are his days in the rotation numbered?

Red Sox pitcher John Smoltz, who has made five rehab starts, says he's ready.

Ozzie Guillen on Wrigley Field: “Oh, I don’t care if they hate me, the don’t feed my kids,’’ Guillen said of the Cubbie faithful. “They hate me, that’s cool. People, no matter how famous you are, they hate you or they love you. I see the other day they asked [Joe] Crede about the rats [in Wrigley], at least I have something that people can read and write and listen to, but I never put the Cubs fans down, I’ve always admired the Cubs office, I always made my feelings known about Cubs players, about the manager, about Lou [Piniella] now, [general manager] Jim Hendry and the way I respect them, a lot, a lot, but Wrigley Field? I puke every time I go there. I’m just being honest."

Miguel Tejada got his 2,000th hit and Lance Berkman got his 300th HR of their careers.

No comments:

Post a Comment