Sunday, June 14, 2009

Bruney, K-Rod escalates during pre-game drills

Yesterday, Yankees reliever Brian Bruney commented about the blown save by Mets closer Francisco Rodriguez on Friday night and his showmanship.

Specifically, Bruney told the Hunterdon County Democrat, "Couldn't have happened to a better guy on the mound, either. He's got a tired act. He gets what he deserves, man. I just don't like watching the guy pitch. I think it's embarrassing."

So, during today's pre-game drills, K-Rod sought out Bruney (or anyone who might be Bruney).

"I saw [K-Rod] walking with attitude and asking guys, 'Is it him?' " [Mets pitcher Mike] Pelfrey said. "The next thing I know, he was in [Bruney's] face."

According to the "nobody," I mean, Bruney, the air has been cleared.

"I probably shouldn't have said what I said [Saturday], but I made that mistake and learned from it. The guy has had a great career. I don't have anything at this point to hang my hat on. I don't have a World Series title like he does. I don't have the save record like he does. For me it was nothing personal against Frankie. I've heard he is a good dude."

Do you believe him?

No comments:

Post a Comment