Monday, May 4, 2009

The Hot Corner, 5/4 (A.M) edition

The Miami Dolphins have a new man in charge, Michael Dee, who spent the previous five years as COO of the Boston Red Sox.

Arizona Diamondbacks reliever Tom Gordon strained his hammy while tagging out Rickie Weeks at home plate.

Washington Nationals ex-closer Joel Hanrahan wants his old job back.

The Los Angeles Dodgers are off to a 10-0 start at home, besting the franchise's previous mark set by the 1946 Brooklyn Dodgers at Ebbets Field.

Speaking of his strained hamstring, "Of course it will be a [disabled-list stint]," [Milwaukee Brewers reliever Doug] Brocail said. "No doubt."

While Boston Red Sox pitcher John Smoltz won't be ready by June 1st, he'll be back at some point in June.

Detroit Tigers catcher Matt Treanor is expected to miss the rest of the season.

The Twins activated reliever Jesse Crain and sent Jose Morales to Triple-A Rochester even though he was hitting .340.

Padres closer Heath Bell is frustrated by the lack of save opportunities. "I'm not saying I'm the savior or anything. I just want to help out." From April 19th to May 3rd, Bell has appeared in only two games.

Is Colorado Rockies reliever Manny Corpas on way to minors? "I'm trying to do my job; I don't want to go down," [Corpas] said. "I don't know what happened. My confidence is OK, but I don't know what happened."

The Yankees and Red Sox face off for the first time at the new Yankees Stadium. Great seats are still available at half off (only $1250).

The Phillies have activated catcher Carlos Ruiz from the disabled list.

Baltimore Orioles manager Dave Trembley was ejected for arguing a called strike on Aubrey Huff in the fifth inning in Sunday's game.

No comments:

Post a Comment