Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Mark Teixeira hopes to play tonight

New York Yankees first baseman Mark Teixeira, who has missed the past three games with a sore left wrist, hopes to return to the lineup against the Tampa Bay Rays tonight.
"I would be very disappointed if I'm not playing (tonight)," Teixeira said. "It's been disappointing not playing the last few days, but I hope to be in there tomorrow."

"I wasn't thinking it was anything crazy because I played through it for a couple days," Teixeira said. "The tests came back and showed it wasn't too bad. It feels a lot better today. We did a ton of treatment, I got on some stronger anti-inflammatories, so it should get it out of there."
Teixeira had an MRI yesterday and the results showed no structural damage.

he switchhitter's wrist bothers him more when batting right-handed so the Yankees rested him last night as the Yankees faced left-hander Scott Kazmir.

Tonight, the Yankees face right-hander Matt Garza.

No comments:

Post a Comment