Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Tuesday Night Links

Reds closer Francisco Cordero said, "It's not only about me having a good year. It's about getting the team in the playoffs and maybe the World Series.

Meanwhile, his teammate Aroldis Chapman is likely to start the season in the minors.

And Reds manager Dusty Baker says of his bullpen, "You need a good bullpen. We've got a good bullpen."

John Shea of the San Francisco Chronicle points out that the difference between the "Big 3's" of Atlanta and Oakland in the past and the Giants today is offense.

Phillies reliever J.C. Romero says of his latest outing, "... today was very good and I am very happy about everything that went on today."

With his roster spot secure in 2010, Phillies starter J.A. Happ said, "I obviously don't want to give up hits or runs, but last year I had to go with what I was most confident in. This year, I'm maybe able to try a few different things. I did that."

San Diego's Chase Headley leads the majors in runs batted in (21) this spring.

Cubs outfield prospect Tyler Colvin, who's hitting .455 this spring, could push the starters.

As expected, Yovani Gallardo is the Brewers' Opening Day starter.

Tigers first baseman Miguel Cabrera hit a pair of 500-foot homers.

White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen says of outfielder Carlos Quentin's new attitude:''I love it, oh, my God, yes. I think Carlos enjoys the game a little bit more. I don't want him to change, I don't. ... I think he's out there more with the players, and I like that, believe me.''

The Mariners have released pitcher Seth McClung.

Reds starter Aaron Harang said about today's loss and being ready as Opening Day starter: "Yeah, I feel great. This is the best I've felt in spring training. The outcome is not what you want and expect. But it doesn't count. This is about getting ready for the long haul of the season. Overall, I feel very comfortable with the new stuff with my mechanics. I feel like the ball is coming out very well. It's a matter of coming in and stretching it out come Monday."

The Marlins acquired pitcher Nate Robertson from Detroit.

Pitcher Jeff Suppan was placed on the disabled list, retroactive to March 26th, by the Brewers.

Shameless plug of the day: here's the link to the latest post on my football site.

Follow me on Twitter @EDSBaseball.

No comments:

Post a Comment