Monday, March 29, 2010

Pujols says he feels great

For anyone concerned about the back of Cardinals first baseman Albert Pujols, don't be.

After hitting the ball hard yesterday off Mets' pitcher Mike Pelfrey (then again, who didn't hit Pelfrey hard?), Pujols was pleased with his swing and said "... if the season were to start tomorrow, I'd be ready to go," per Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

"I think if there is a good time to test (the back) it's right here and in the next three or four days," said Pujols. "I feel great. I don't think this is going to be an issue. If this would be an issue it would have flared up ... again. Long innings, long games — it's stuff like that. That's what I look at, and I feel really good."

In the obvious statement of the day, Pujols should be the top overall pick in fantasy drafts regardless of format.

And through nine MLB seasons, Pujols has never hit lower than .314 (2002), less than 32 home runs (2007) or has he driven in less than 103 runs (2007) in any season. And twice (including last year) he stole 16 bases.

No comments:

Post a Comment