Sunday, May 17, 2009

Lackey ejected Saturday, likely to start Monday?

Los Angeles Angels pitcher John Lackey, who has thrown a total of two pitches in 2009, will likely start Monday against the Seattle Mariners.
"I'm probably going to start [Monday]," Lackey said as he left the field prior to Sunday's series finale against the Rangers. "It will be good to get back out there."
Lackey was ejected from yesterday's game for throwing at Rangers second baseman Ian Kinsler. His first pitch was behind the head of Kinsler. His second pitch hit Kinsler in the ribs.
"I was definitely shocked," said Lackey, who missed the first month and a half of the season because of a forearm strain. "I haven't pitched in six weeks, and I was amped up. I was trying to come in on him, but there was no intention at all to hit him or throw behind him."
The question is will Ichiro be ready to duck for Lackey's third pitch of the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment