Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Tulowitzki benched (again)

It's deja vu all over again for Colorado Rockies shortstop Troy Tulowitzki.

Last April, Tulowitzki only hit .152 with 17 strikeouts in 105 at bats.

Not much difference a year makes. This April, Tulo is hitting .167 with 17 strikeouts in 54 at bats.

Last night, Tulowitzki was benched in favor of Clint Barmes.
"We're going to take it one day at a time. I've found out throughout my lifetime that's the best way to do things," Rockies manager Clint Hurdle said. "I really don't know what's going to happen. I know what has happened and I'm going to do everything I can to be the best coach and manager with him ... to get this thing straightened out."

"I listened to what the coaches had to say and hopefully I can make some adjustments to make me better," Tulowitzki said. "I think I'm seeing the ball good. It's not the best I could possibly see the ball, but I feel decent up there. I think I will see results soon."
In his rookie season, Tulowitzki hit .291, 24 homeruns and drove in 99 runs.

No comments:

Post a Comment