Sunday, March 22, 2009

Corey Koskie officially calls it quits

Corey Koskie, who was out of baseball in 2007 and 2008, has decided to end his comeback attempt and call it quits.

Koskie, who was playing for Team Canada in the World Baseball Classic, suffered dizziness after diving for a groundball.

After the 2006 season, he left baseball due to concussions. While he doesn't believe he suffered a concussion from the recent play, he started to question whether it was worth it.
"After that play I kind of thought, 'What am I doing out here?' " Koskie said. "Whether I got the wind knocked out of me or what, I did feel a little funky after it. I don't think it was a concussive event, but I did feel a little funny."
For his career, Koskie hit .275, 124 homeruns, drove in 506 runs and stole 71 bases. He had a career year in 2001 when he had a line of: BA of .276, 100 runs, 26 HRs, 103 RBI and 27 SBs.

No comments:

Post a Comment